- Journal Collection
- Multimedia Collection
- A to Z Online Journal Access
- EBSCOhost Databases
- EBSCOhost Mobile Access and iPhone Apps
- All visitors to the Medical Library must complete a registration card prior to being able to borrow any library materials/resources.
- Books, bound journals and multimedia materials may be checked out during staffed hours.
- Books, bound journals and multimedia materials may be borrowed for an initial period of two weeks. Renewals are permitted if the item(s) is not on the “Reserve List.”
- All titles are returned to the collection after the second renewal period.
- There is a collection of Reference materials in both print and multimedia formats. This material does not circulate unless arrangements are made with a member of the staff and may be kept overnight only. Please speak with the Librarian to borrow this material beyond 24 hours.
- Fines are charged for overdue material.
- Late notices will be sent out for unreturned items.
- A third notice will be an invoice assuming the borrower wishes to retain the item(s) for personal use.
- Patrons are responsible for lost or damaged material.
Accessing Library Resources
Library Resources are available to all members of the staff who are registered library patrons. To register, please contact a member of the library staff for assistance.
After Hours Access
The library can be accessed after hours, weekends and holidays by contacting the Security Department (ext. 4494). When unable to contact Security by phone, please contact the hospital operator for assistance.
An officer will provide entrance to the library and should again be contacted when the visit is complete. The Library is not to be left open without notifying security. If found in breach of this requirement, future library access may be limited. Please act responsibly.
Reference services are available when the librarian is present. Patrons requiring assistance in locating books, journals, multimedia materials, database searching, or any other assistance whatsoever in obtaining information should contact the librarian at ext. 4398 or by email.
There is a photocopier available in the library. Requests for articles from journals within Deborah’s collection can be provided if necessary. However, such requests should be kept to (5) articles per subject, per request and the requester should make every attempt to handle the photocopying his/herself.
For articles which must be secured from other libraries where a fee is required, we ask that users keep such requests to a minimum.
For special circumstances where a patron is involved in a large project, please contact the librarian to discuss the particulars of the project prior to initiating requests.