Caring That Comes from The Heart
Our team of specialists and professionals at Deborah Heart and Lung Center’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program are dedicated to helping you regain your independence and reclaim your health quickly and safely after cardiovascular surgery. Our outpatient rehab program, covered by Medicare and most insurances, launched in 2019 and provided over 2,000 outpatient sessions in its first year and carried dozens of patients from the first days of post-operative recovery all the way over the finish line.
Under full supervisions, patients never have to worry about going too hard or too fast. The Deborah cardiac rehabilitation program offers a warm, positive environment that encourages camaraderie and enables patients to progressively condition their cardiovascular system, strengthen their muscles, and increase stamina, as well as educating and counseling them on how to manage their condition.
Here are some of the most common aspects of a cardiac rehab program:
- Teaches strategies to deal with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, obesity, diabetes and inactivity
- Develops a safe exercise routine that can be continued at home
- Establishes a healthy diet, which promotes weight control and lowers cholesterol
- Provides resources to help smokers conquer their habit
- Demonstrates stress management and relaxation techniques
When surgery is done in tandem with comprehensive rehabilitation care, patients experience better outcomes and can return to their normal lives more quickly and with better long-term results.
To make an appointment, call 609-735-2962.
South Jersey Magazine recognized the Deborah Heart and Lung Center cardiac rehab program in its 2019 Best of Healthcare Issue.