This website should NOT be used in urgent or emergency medical situations. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Effective Date: May 5, 2023
Deborah Hospital Foundation is a non-profit fundraising corporation. Deborah Specialty Physicians is a non-profit private physician practice. Deborah Heart and Lung Center manages the Deborah Specialty Physicians and Deborah Hospital Foundation websites. The name “Deborah” is a registered trademark of Deborah Heart and Lung Center and is used under license granted by Deborah. All Rights Reserved.
Protected Health Information
Web Browsing Data
I. Collection of Information
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
Information You Provide Directly to Us.
In connection with certain Services or activities, such as when you register with a Service, use the “Request an Appointment” feature, use the “Contact Us” feature, use one of our general health Quizzes or Risk Assessments, subscribe to our alerts, or contact us directly, we may collect some or all of the following types of information.
- Contact information, such as your full name, email address, mobile phone number, and address;
- Username and password, if you are registered for a mobile application;
- Personal health information, including information about your diagnosis, previous treatments, general health, and health insurance, which you provide for example, when you request an appointment, or answer one of our online general health Quizzes or Risk Assessments.
- Doctor reviews that you may choose to submit; and
- Any other information you provide to us, such as questions about the Services.
You should not use the “Contact Us” forms, health Quizzes or Risk Assessments for urgent or emergent questions or questions of a medical nature. You should also not send any medical, confidential or sensitive information in the “Contact Us” forms. You are not communicating with a health care professional when you submit this information, and using these tools will not create a doctor-patient relationship. Quizzes and Risk Assessments will only screen for certain risk factors, providing you with information you may use to follow up with a physician for a formal diagnosis.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We collect certain Web Browsing Data automatically when you use the Services,
We may also collect technical data to address and fix technical problems and improve the Services. Your device or browser settings may permit you to control the collection of this technical data. By using the Services, you consent to allowing us, or any party acting on our behalf, to collect this technical data.
Information from Third-Party Services.
We use third-party companies to provide advertisements of goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services. We also place digital advertisements on other third–party websites or online services. If you access the Services from one of our digital advertisements on a third–party website, application, or other service (a “Third-Party Service”) we may receive information from the owner of the Third-Party Service related to you and that advertisement.
Third-Party Service companies may independently place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags which the third party may place on your browser). They may also use these technologies, along with Web Browsing Data or other information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
These third–parties do not receive from us any PII that you may include in “Contact Us” or “Request an Appointment” forms or which you provide in our online Quizzes and Risk Assessments.
If you would like more information about these third-party practices, or to learn how to opt out in desktop and mobile browsers on your devices, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info and http://optout.networkadvertising.org. These are third party consumer educational resource websites designated to educate and assist consumers with their digital privacy. You may also download third-party applications designated to help you opt out in mobile apps.
Information We Obtain from Other Sources.
We may receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. We may combine our first-party data, such as your email address or name, with other data from other sources and use this collective data to contact you (e.g. through direct mail). For example, if you visit our website and also visit one of our Heart Check Center kiosks located in community locations and provide your contact information during those visits, we may combine these two data sets to identify which of our services may be of interest to you.
II. Use of Information
We may use the information we collect online from you to:
- Provide and improve the Services;
- Contact you;
- Fulfill your requests for our products, services, and information;
- Send you information about additional clinical services or general wellness from us;
- Analyze your use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Services;
- Conduct market research using your information;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your specific consent.
III. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service providers that help us by providing specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing our services (including but not limited to advertising, attribution, deep-linking, direct mail, mobile marketing, optimization and retargeting) advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing. These third-party vendors and service providers may not use your information for purposes other than those related to those services they are providing to us.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend our rights, interests, health, safety, and security.
- Business Transfers. We may transfer your information as part of a transfer of the assets of the organization, merger, or consolidation or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Protected Health Information. We may share your PHI as described in the HIPAA Notices and permitted under HIPAA. We generally will not share PHI with third parties unless permitted by HIPAA and the HIPAA Notices. Please refer to the HIPAA Notices for more information on how we may use and share PHI.
- Consent. We may transfer your PHI with your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction. If you choose to engage in public activities on the third–party sites to which we offer links, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of those sites and forums. You should use caution when disclosing personal information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in public areas.
- We will never sell your PII or PHI.
We use technical and other security measures to protect your PII and PHI from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Any information that you choose to transmit over the Internet is done at your own risk.
V. Third-Party Links, Content and Tracking
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Although we do not use Google Analytics services, Google Analytics may be independently enabled on your device and may use data to track and monitor your access and use of websites. You may opt-out of Google Analytics by visiting this link.
This Web site may contain links to other Web sites, and other Web sites may provide links to this Site. These links are provided for your convenience only. We do not control these other sites and do not endorse them, nor do we assume any liability or responsibility for them, including any content or services provided to you by such sites. You should not consider any link to, or from, another site as an endorsement of that site by us unless we expressly state so.
For your convenience, the Privacy Policies/Terms of Service for some of these third–party Web sites are provided below. We recommend that you read these when you access any content or services provided by such sites.
- Terms of Service of YouTube
VI. International Users
We do not knowingly allow use of the Services outside of the United States. We maintain information in the United States and in accordance with the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same protections as the laws of other jurisdictions, and therefore, the Services are intended only for use within the United States. Please contact us directly by phone if you are outside of the United States and would like additional information. Any use of the Services and provision of information from outside of the United States is done at your own risk.
We do not knowingly allow individuals under the age of 18 to create access accounts to our Services, or collect information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this site or on or through any of the Services.