Deborah Heart and Lung Center recognizes the important role that visits from loved ones and support persons have on a patients’ well-being. This visitation guidance balances that influence with the need to reduce the risk of patients and staff being exposed or infected with the coronavirus.
These guidelines are subject to change, at any time, based on the level of COVID-19 risk in the state, the community, or with potential changes that would affect the safety of our patients, visitors and staff here at DHLC. Visitation status for the week of Thursday, January 27 to Wednesday, February 2 is Red.
- 12:00pm to 3:00pm and 6:00pm to 7:00pm daily, 18 years of age or older
- Pre-procedure Inpatients: ONE visitor at a time (two total) prior to procedure regardless of time of day for a total of 15 minutes
- Out-patient procedure patients: ONE visitor in lobby
Outpatient – ACS Visitation
- No Visitors
- Patients may call their visitor when speaking with the healthcare provider so the visitor may be part of the conversation, otherwise visitors may wait in their vehicle or other designated locations.
- Exceptions: Patients with the following may have one visitor accompany them (registration process/clinic visit):
- Dementia/cognitive issue
- Hearing impaired/deaf
- Language barrier
- Wheelchair bound
- Needs assistance walking
- Patients at the end of life – Visitation is granted on an individual basis, times and days are exempted from above
- Patients with special needs, neurocognitive disability, or behavioral concerns may have ONE visitor, parent or guardian at all times as needed
- Patient discharge education – two visitors may visit together as scheduled with the nursing unit
- Screening criteria for all visitors still applies
In addition, visitation through the use of technology: iPad is available and can be utilized at any time.
Required Visitor Screening/General Instructions
- Must wear a face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times. Any visitor who fails to correctly wear a face mask will be asked to leave the facility. Masks with an exhalation valve will not be permitted.
- Complete Visitation Tool
- Temperature Check – Temps equal to or above 100.0 degrees F are not allowed to visit
- Practice social distancing of at least 6 feet between themselves, other visitors, hospital staff, and the patient
- Wash hands before entering the patient’s room and after visiting patients
- Remain in the patient room or at the bedside throughout the visit, may not wander the halls
- Visitors are allowed in the coffee shop located on the first floor lobby waiting area only