Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQ’s
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
What safety measures has Deborah® put into place?
We have established the following safety protocols based on best practices and recommendations from federal and state authorities:
- Universal masking for all patients, visitors and staff
- The incorporation of social distancing standards in ALL of our processes
- Temperature screening for ALL patients and visitors entering the Hospital
- COVID-19 testing for ALL scheduled procedural and surgical patients
- Complete isolation of any COVID-19 patients
- Use of hospital-grade personal protective equipment (PPE) that is appropriate for the staff member’s role
- Continued rigorous hand washing protocols for staff
- Continued cleaning of facilities and medical devices with hospital-grade products
- Continued visitor restrictions
Can a family member come to the hospital with me?
All visitations are currently restricted. Exceptions are being made for the following patients:
- Terminally ill patients – 1 visitor granted by the Attending Physician.
- Surgical/procedural patients – 1 visitor may wait in the Main Hospital Lobby. Brewed Awakenings Café, located in the Main Lobby, is available for visitors only.
- Outpatient clinic patients – No visitors allowed. For patients that need a visitor to assist in registration, the visitor will be allowed in for as long as that process takes, but will then be escorted back out of the building to wait.
Will I be exposed to COVID patients?
You will not be exposed to any patients known by us to have COVID-19. If you are admitted to the hospital, you will be assigned to a private room. Patients who test positive for COVID-19 will be assigned to a special type of room that is equipped with a system designed to remove the virus from the air. These “negative pressure rooms” are built for the sole purpose of removing infectious, airborne diseases from circulation, protecting everyone else in the hospital.
What is COVID-19?
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
How does COVID-19 spread?
What should I do if I think I am sick with COVID-19?