- 5 cups your choice of one fruit, such as any variety of berry, melon (including watermelon), pineapple, or mango
- 2/3 cup calorie-free “measures like sugar” sweetener such as Splenda®
- 2/3 cup water, plus ¼ c. cold water
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 8 oz. non-fat Greek vanilla yogurt
In a saucepan combine 2/3 c. water, sweetener and lemon juice. Bring to boil; boil 1 minute longer. Cool to room temperature, approximately 20 minutes. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat until gelatin dissolves, approximately 3 minutes.
Place fruit in blender and purée until smooth. Transfer puréed fruit to large bowl, add water mixture, gelatin and yogurt, stirring until smooth. Pour into 8-inch square metal pan; freeze for one hour. Pour mixture in large bowl and beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Put the sherbet back into metal pan and freeze until firm, at least 5 hours.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
- Calories: 82
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 1mg