- 3 large California avocados or 2 Florida avocados, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup tomatillos, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cubed cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp green chilli pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (juice of 2 juicy limes)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatillos, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
Place all the ingredients in a blender or in a large bowl and puree until smooth or use a hand held blender. While blending, stream in the olive oil to create and smooth consistency.
Ladle into bowls and top each bowl with the remaining chopped avocado, green onions, tomatillos and cilantro for garnish. Serves 6.
- Cals 213
- Total Fat 16.8g
- Sat Fat 2.4g
- Chol 0mg
- Sodium 22mg
- Fiber 8g
- Pro 4g
The grams of total fat are higher in this recipe than many heart healthy recipes, but don’t be alarmed. The fat content is because of the “good” monounsaturated fat in the avocados. Monounsaturated fat accounts for 60% of the total fat.