Cardiac rehabilitation cannot change your heart’s past history, but it can help you to improve your heart’s future.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Deborah Heart and Lung Center is designed to help patients recovering after heart surgery and also those with a heart condition such as cardiovascular disease transition back to a productive, active life.
Who Is a Candidate for Cardiac Rehab?
Candidates for outpatient Cardiac Rehab include those who’ve had:
- a heart attack (myocardial infarction) within the last 12 months
- angioplasty, coronary bypass, valve replacement, or heart transplant
- stable angina pectoris, irregular heart rhythms, heart failure, or cardiomyopathy
Our outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is designed to assist patients:
- following a cardiac event such as a heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- after a procedure such as angioplasty, stenting, or open heart surgery
- diagnosed with heart failure
- improve cardiovascular disease diagnosis and provide risk modification
- with other cardiac conditions as recommended by their physician
What is Cardiac Rehab?
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program helps patients recover from heart ailments and return to active lives. Our safe, medically-supervised program is designed to improve patients’ cardiovascular health by allowing patients to work at their own pace — based on their health status and abilities — following an individualized aerobic plan that begins at a prescribed level and gradually increases in intensity over time.
Patients take part in:
- an EKG-monitored and supervised conditioning program using a variety of exercise equipment to progressively condition their cardiovascular system, strengthen their muscles, and increase endurance
- education and counseling to teach patients how to manage their condition and make behavioral changes that will allow them to lead active, meaningful lives
Benefits of Cardiac Rehab
Cardiac Rehab provides recognized benefits to program participants, including:
- Improved quality of life and physical activity habits
- Improved outlook and emotional stability
- Increased functional capacity (carrying out daily activities)
- Reduced risk factors for future cardiovascular events or medical complications
- Helping patients improve their diet and regain or maintain a healthy weight
- Understanding of their heart’s needs with increased self-management of care
Deborah Heart and Lung Center’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is overseen by trained clinical staff, and it is covered by most insurance plans. A physician referral is required and co-pays may be necessary depending on your insurance plan.
- Open Monday–Friday
- One hour per session, with most patients attending 2–3 sessions/week, depending on insurance plan and measured progress
- Located on the campus of Deborah Heart and Lung Center in the Medical Offices Building (6 Earlin Avenue, Browns Mills, NJ 08015)
Please contact our office at 609-735-2962 for more information or to make your initial appointment.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is covered by most insurance plans. Co-pays may be necessary depending on your insurance plan, and a physician referral is required.
Schedule today: 609-735-2962