You’re just the person we’ve been looking for!
You’re invited to join our team!
Deborah Heart and Lung Center Volunteers are diverse in their backgrounds and ages—we have professionals, retirees, students, and stay-at-home moms. But the one thing that all Deborah Volunteers have in common is their generosity. They’re always eager to give of themselves to enrich the lives of our patients, staff, and visitors.
We invite you to join our team of dedicated and talented volunteers to ensure that Deborah Heart and Lung Center continues to provide world-class care to our community.
“The Heart of a Volunteer is not measured in size, but by the depth of the commitment to make a difference in the lives of others.”–DeAnn Hollis
Some of the ways you can get involved
- Patient Support | Help make patients feel more comfortable by spending time with them. Provide transport and discharge services
- Nursing Support | Help nursing unit with stocking shelves, filling water pitchers, etc.
- Meal Program | Complete the meal satisfaction survey with patients
- Clerical Support | Lend help to office staff by filing, photocopying, data entry, stuffing mass mailings, and other tasks as needed; call patients to remind them of their scheduled appointments
- Have a desire to work with others with a positive attitude
- Sincere focus on delivering excellent customer service
- Dependability and commitment to volunteer for a period of six months to one year (with a set schedule from three to six hours per week)
- Be available to attend an orientation session before starting.
Benefits of Volunteering
By volunteering, you can make a difference in many lives—including your own. Isn’t it time you enrich your life?
- Experience the satisfaction of helping others
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills and sharpen existing ones
- Increase self esteem
Plus, enjoy the added benefits:
- Free flu vaccine
- Free annual TB testing
- A meal allowance on the days you volunteer
- Recognition at two Annual Volunteer Luncheons
- Build a bridge between Deborah Heart and Lung Center and the community we serve
- Enable staff to focus on important tasks
- Offset expenses when there is limited funding
- Improve the quality of the services provided. Volunteers bring a wide range of skills, knowledge and professional experience that can be beneficial to our staff
“Being of service to someone in need is so rewarding.”
–John D. Deborah volunteer for 6 years
Would you like to join us?
For more information please contact us at Deborah Heart and Lung Center, Volunteer Services Department:
(800) 223-0135 ● (609) 893-3372 ● firstname.lastname@example.org