Thank you for your continued trust and patience, and we sincerely hope that you and loved ones are staying safe and healthy during this crisis.
While we did postpone and reschedule non-urgent cases and appointments over the last two months, Deborah Heart and Lung Center has been open and fully operational throughout the COVID-19 outbreak and caring for our most urgent (emergent) patients. As the curve continues to flatten and the decline in New Jersey cases continues, we want to share with you our efforts, as appropriate, to welcome more of our patients back to Deborah® to see their doctors and have procedures to improve their health and quality of life. Our commitment is always to provide the safest environment and highest quality patient care and experience.
We have established the following safety protocols based on best practices and recommendations from federal and state authorities:
- Universal masking for all patients, visitors and staff
- The incorporation of social distancing standards in ALL of our processes
- Temperature screening for ALL patients and visitors entering the Hospital
- COVID-19 testing for ALL scheduled procedural and surgical patients
- Complete isolation of any COVID-19 patients
- Use of hospital-grade personal protective equipment (PPE) that is appropriate for the staff member’s role
- Continued rigorous hand washing protocols for staff
- Continued cleaning of facilities and medical devices with hospital-grade products
- Continued visitor restrictions
Now, more than ever, it’s important for patients to work and communicate with their doctor so that you get the care you need – appropriately and safely.